Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh, the Places We'll Go!

Our daughter was born. I was a new mom. I had no idea what I was doing...
When my mom and Jim left and my husband went back to work, it was just Addison and me. I had to learn how to take care of a baby and figure out what activities we could do...could we do any activities together? She didn't talk, do anything with her hands, look at me, or anything that would come close to communication between us. I made this layout with the thought in mind that eventually babies come to communicate, they grow up and we will be able to play, eventually. I'm not sure why I thought she would be born able to communicate; I guess I just hadn't thought it through ;-) This layout is a list of some of the things that I look forward to doing with her after she is out of the baby stage (and by then, I'll probably be wishing she was still a baby...).

The design of the layout is based off of the necklace that I am wearing in the picture. I used the different shades of purple to match up card stock and rhinestones. The clustered rhinestones remind me of the clusters in the necklace.

Here is the original layout...


Then I thought it could use a background page to it and a few more accents...


Detail shot of the butterfly (large - Hero Arts; small - Stampabilities)... I stamped it in black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then, I applied the concord & peeled paint distress ink to color in the purple & green. Finally, I applied stickles to give it a little sparkle.


Detail shot of the stamping...I stamped in flowers in grey (stamps from Papertrey Ink) behind the flower on the lower left corner and behind the focal photo on the upper right. I cut out and sponged color onto the flower. I popped it up with dimensionals and added rhinestones. All rhinestones are from Jolee's Boutique. The handwriting stamp is Technique Tuesday (Ali Edwards).


Thanks for looking :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment