Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thank You Card for Baby Gift


Love the My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Paper!!! I knew I had to make a card with it as soon as I saw it. I also love the new Spellbinders small series. To make the tag for the "Thanks!" sentiment, I used Labels 4 and Labels 4 small. The small is just the right size to nest inside of the original set of dies.

I also got to play around with some of the Michael's stamps. The banner stamp and the alphabet stamp that I used to stamp "BABY" on the brads are from the $1 bin. The Thanks stamp was one of the clings from the Studio G Ditto series. We are talking a very inexpensive card here!

The trickiest part was figuring out how to put BABY on the banner. I wasn't able to stamp the letters directly on the banner, because it has a black pattern on some of the flags. I also couldn't find my hole punch or I would have stamped it on small circles from that. So I pulled out some brads and colored them with a copic marker. I held them by the shank and stamped them with stazon ink. It was pretty easy, because the rubber alpahbet stamps are pliable and molded right to the curvature of the brad. Finally, I cut off the shank with wire cutters and used the tips to push down any remaining metal that was left over into the head of the brad. Then, I filled the brad with Glossy Accents and used that to adhere it to the banner pieces. Once all was dry, I stamped the ties (TE) and drew in the line with an American Crafts Slick Writer (Love those!!!).

Supplies:
Banner, Alphabet, Thanks! Stamps: Studio G, Michael's
Banner Tie Stamp: Taylored Expressions
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose
Cardstock: Pink - Papertrey Ink; Yellow - Bazzill
Light Pink Ink: Stampabilities
Black Ink: Stazon, Tsukineko
Dies: Spellbinders
Ribbon: Craft Supply

No comments:

Post a Comment